Student of the year - Årets Teknolog
What is the Student Of The Year award?
Every year a student at Chalmers is awarded for their remarkable or selfless act to improve student life for fellow students or the university. The award (10 000 SEK) is granted by Tekniska Samfundet and the judging panel consists of a member thereof along with the University and the Student Union.
The variety is great; from equality work to influencing the government. More on previous winner (Swedish only).
How does it work?
The Jury selects a winner from the nominates candidates. They are then officially announced during The Student Union Hat Cermony (Mösspåtagningen). The winner will also be announced at Tekniska Samfundets website.
Main criteria (either or)
- Been a student at Chalmers during the past year (mandatory criteria)
- Voluteered outside their studies at their own initiative and thereby contributed in a positive way to develop Chalmers, the student union or Chalmers students in some way.
- Been innovative or improved something existing that has been beneficial for Chalmers students.
- Through personal committment organized activities that increased interest for the bachelor programme or the student life at either the local student division or the student union.
Now open, enter your nomination before 27/3 2022
Peter Alehammar is one of the most leading head figures when it comes to making the student union to what it is today. With his previous experience from creating companies and societies and through his skills as well as his commitment he has made Chalmers Student union to one of the leading in Europe (according to International Student barometer several years in a row).
The purpose of the annual scholarship is to highlight a student at Chalmers who have gotten engaged in the student life - in the same way as Peter. In other words, a student who is passionate about developing the union for its members. The scholarship shall be used to fund additional projects that intend to develop and progress the union, student benefits and the student life at Chalmers.
- Can rewarded to one or more students
- Student/s must be enrolled at Chalmers
- Scholarship holder should be able to use the funds within one year
- Any student at Chalmers can nominate another student or themselves
Not open yet.